How to Register mobile phone with PTA?
- 27 May, 2019
- 710 Views
As indicated by an order issued by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), mobile clients presently need to register their cellular devices with the authority before blockage.
The administrative authority has propelled a confirmation system called 'device Identification, Registration and Blocking System' (DIRBS). The system is gone for guaranteeing a sound development of cell phone ecosystem in Pakistan and it will ensure utilization of legal devices on the mobile networks.
The import, use, and development of legal devices will upgrade government incomes, upgrade mobile services, save organize assets of the mobile administrators, give better security and guarantee the insurance of protected innovation rights.
The PTA had sent notices to every mobile user requesting that they register their cell phones and GSM devices before October 20. It is presently compulsory for each client to get the gadget checked regardless of whether he/she has not gotten the message.
Clients who purchased cell phone/GPS devices abroad additionally need to register by giving identity card number, the IMEI of the handset and the nation's name where the set was purchased. As per a PTA official, clients on roaming services will keep on utilizing their register telephones, in any case, they should r in the event that they embed a nearby sim.
What is the IMEI number?
IMEI number is a novel code given to your cell phone like a vehicle distinguishing identification number. Whenever blocked you can't utilize your mobile device to get to any mobile network in Pakistan and your telephone won't probably make or get any calls.
How IMEI number can be check?
IMEI number which can be checked by any of the accompanying strategies:
- Technique 1: Dial *#06# on your mobile.
- Technique 2: Go to 'Settings' and 'About Phone' segment of your cell phone.
- Technique 3: It is additionally imprinted on your cell phone's crate.
- Technique 4: If your telephone has a removable battery, expel back cover and battery to discover the IMEI number.
There are three ways a user can register the device.
- Through SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
- Through PTA website
- Through mobile app particularly developed by PTA for DIRBS system
Strategy 1: Via SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
When you send the message to 8484 you will get one of the accompanying messages:
- IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anybody at the very latest 20/10/18 date for auto registration.
- Gadget IMEI is non-compliant. If it's not too much trouble embed all your SIMs in this device and use them before 20/10/18 date to keep utilizing this gadget.
- Gadget IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
Strategy 2: Through PTA site
- Snap on this URL on your telephone's screen https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Enter your 15 digits IMEI Number in the required field.
Strategy 3: PTA portable application
Download PTA application from Play Store by tapping the accompanying connection https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic&hl=en_US Introduce the App on your gadget, Open the App once introduced and after that adhere to the straightforward guidelines to enter your IMEI Number. PTA, for the comprehension of clients, has disclosed the following stages to be taken in the event that your IMEI number isn't substantial.
How many Mobile Devices are permitted to acquire Pakistan?
Every individual (either abroad Pakistani or foreign guest) is permitted to get one mobile duty-free and an aggregate of five mobiles every year. However, in the event that they bring five telephones, at that point, they need to pay duty on the four additional mobiles.
How to Pay Duty and Taxes Online for Registering Mobile Phone? On the off chance that somebody has brought more than one cell phone, the DRS s will system electronically create an installment ID for the installment of duty and assessments. You can make this installment by means of online banking, versatile banking and through ATMs. After enlistment of IMEI and installment of duty/taxes, the cell phone will be white-recorded on PTA's DIRBS framework.